Monday 16 January 2017

Socket.io customer support application architecture design. Looking for opinions

Hello, I am building a customer support chat application connecting end consumers to agents with a backend panel. Each consumer is connected to an agent and an agent can accept multiple chats. I am using node.js and socket.io to build this app. Currently I see the architecture this way. Server will have one socket connection with end consumer and one socket connection with an agent. I'm thinking to have agent sockets on a different namespace(for e.g. '/admin'). Whenever a consumer socket connection is created, it is mapped to an agent socket connection and I will maintain this mapping in a persistent data store. Eventually, idea is to replace agents with bots. I would like to hear opinions on this design, any problems I will face, whether this can be scalable or not. Anything you think I should be wary about.

Submitted January 16, 2017 at 01:22PM by amithrm

No comments:

Post a Comment