Thursday 26 January 2017

Why are there no good resources for hosting your node application?

I concede I am a noob, but honestly everything I find in regards to running/hosting your node application (just a basic HTTP server in my case) typically directs you to running it on the cloud with services like Heroku. That's dandy and all, but really, I'd prefer to run it on my own machine. This is a small hobby project and I don't need anything extensive. The only other resource I've found was 'iisnode' which looked neat, but it's really designed to be run on a Windows Server rather than a Windows 10 home installation.Of course when I say hosting I imply being able to connect from outside my own localhost. I've never put an application/site into production before so I'm a little lost. Am I just going about this all wrong, or is there really been no good standard in place yet? I would greatly appreciate any help in getting me pointed in the right direction. I'd be glad to clarify and provide any information about the app/my system that would help.

Submitted January 27, 2017 at 12:06AM by j1-gg

No comments:

Post a Comment