Wednesday 18 January 2017

Node Equivalents of Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, etc.?

I have an all NodeJS team and need to start planning an upcoming DevOps project (imagine a customer signs up and we automatically deploy them a wordpress with it's own database and configurations, except instead of wordpress it's our other product and the deployment requirements are slightly more complicated). I don't have a full idea of what advantages those tools (Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet) will give me over a small SQL+express app with npm ssh2 and bash scripts. I consider myself pretty fluent in linux/bash, so I'm actually a little worried about these kinds of tools abstracting too much away unnecessarily. If it matters, we're going to be first using AWS and might try to explore some light compatibility with GCE and other providers later. Autoscaling and high availability are not high priorities for this.Any package suggestions, thoughts on direction I go into or look at, etc.. would be much appreciated.

Submitted January 19, 2017 at 02:10AM by LeBuddha

No comments:

Post a Comment