Tuesday 10 January 2017

Best way to integrate a simple windows c++ application into my node app?

Hey guys!I have extensive node and javascript experience but something I've never touched was writing c++ modules. I made this spotify application that listens for a hotkey and saves your current song, and I wrote the listening part in java but it... doesn't really work. Mostly because I do some messed up stuff with ChildProcess to make everything run in the background ( as opposed to having a console window open ). And when I do press the hotkey, a console window pops up for a split second and minimizes full screen applications. Which sucks.So I need to make the listening to a global hotkey in c++ and it would be fantastic if could integrate that into my node.js application directly instead of calling exec. Also, maybe someone knows a better way to make this run silently in the background??Thanks a ton!

Submitted January 11, 2017 at 06:25AM by JarofHearts

No comments:

Post a Comment