Saturday 14 January 2017

Advice on setting up Express.js database? I suck

Hi all. I'm getting into Javascript more and want to build a website. I'm building out the backend first, starting with the database. Here's my situation:-I'm going with Express.js for the project.-I'll have a DB that will start off on local files but can transfer to a server. I've tried PostgreSQL so far.-The traffic and complexity of the website will not be high.-I'm open to anything that will fit this criteria-I have my database schema all marked up on paper, but can't find out how people express this in their code.-I'm currently on Ubuntu, and don't have $$ to buy software.The issue is that for the life of me I cannot figure out how to properly get SQL software up and running, or anything for that matter. I can't even find code that expresses how to set up a relationship between 2 tables.I've been trying with software that contains GUI's for relational database models, but at this point I'd be happy with anything. I just suck at installing stuff and I've spent 7 hours trying to implement PostgreSQL with no results.If you were me, and you had my requirements and impediments, where would you start? What software/tools would you use? What articles would you read to give you the proper information? Keep in mind that I've been reading lots of documents for what I'm trying to download, but that's so much that I just have trouble understanding with downloads.

Submitted January 15, 2017 at 03:53AM by rawrSilverGold

No comments:

Post a Comment