Wednesday 24 July 2019

What are the best ways of getting code reviews and dealing with self-doubt about one's code?

In the near future, I'll be uploading multiple large-scale Node.js back-ends and React Native front-ends to my GitHub Account. I have developed some methods of coding and commenting that I find make me more productive, and I've been using different design patterns and architectures - namely three tiers and Dependency Injection. The projects I plan to upload should be 10 times better (I hope) than what I currently have on GitHub.I've always felt that given enough time and given a project within reason, I can pretty much build whatever I want to build and make whatever vision I have for a project/design come to life in any stack that I know well enough.Despite that, I've never felt that my code, although functional, has been elegant enough. I've never felt that it's up to par with what a professional developer would do, or that it follows best practices, or that it uses design patterns in correct ways, etc. Despite having been doing Full Stack Development for two to three years now, I still don't feel that I'm good enough or know enough.So, when I upload these new projects that utilize my newly found architecture and patterns, what would be the best way to ask for advice from professional software developers to attain some sought of understanding about whether or not my code follows best practices well enough? Is r/node a good place to do that - to post links to repos? My only communication methods with fellow developers are through the Internet - namely Reddit and Slack - because I don't have many personal acquaintances with developers.Thanks for your time,Jamie

Submitted July 25, 2019 at 04:08AM by JamieCorkhill

No comments:

Post a Comment