Friday 21 July 2017

Some questions about NodeJS

I have nodeJS/NPM installed globally (on my native machine) - I am installing packages locally in a project which get put into node_modules folder - and then as I install them - they get added to my package.json dependancie file in the root of my project directory.So #1 - I just installed one package, and my node_modules folder in my project folder is 11 mb in size. If I am going to deploy this to a customer, how does this even work? Where are all of these files being stored/served? Is this the whole purpose of nodeJS? That they would be stored server-side and the client would just access the actual files as needed without requiring the download of them? I think that's kind of an eye opener for me if that's the case2 - If I wanted to have a project with an admin panel - so basically a way for the owner of the project to be able to change the layout of a project for example in real-time. Would I be able to do this strictly with nodeJS without a database - or would I still need something like MongoDB or just a regular database to store the properties of the project?Thanks sorry for the dumb questions

Submitted July 21, 2017 at 05:12PM by goingtoriseup

No comments:

Post a Comment