Tuesday 25 July 2017

SQL Server (mssql) API hosted on IIS

Links:iisnodemssql 4.0.4I'm messing around with creating an auth protected API to replace a legacy Coldfusion API and worked through getting a CRUD API running on my local machine with my local version of SQL Server.There's quite a few issues that I don't fully understand and I'm hoping to get some insight:is iisNode still a top option for hosting node on IIS?once deployed, will my settings.js that have my config user/pwd be public if somebody parses all the js files? Do you just make a locked down sql user that can have limited db rights for that account or is there a way to have that file not readable?has anybody gone down this path before and have insights as to pros/cons with regards to living in the Microsoft Web API world? I try to remain flexible about what tools I'm using and like C# but also enjoy javascript and feel comfortable in both worlds.

Submitted July 25, 2017 at 05:30PM by ExcuseMyTriceratops

No comments:

Post a Comment