Saturday 22 July 2017

NodeJS YouTube MP3 downloader built with Electron

A few days ago I saw a Reddit post from someone asking what cool and special things Node can do, and the first thing that came to my mind was the ability to write desktop apps in JavaScript using services such as Electron and NW.Because I wanted to make an example of a type of desktop app that can be built in Node, and is actually useful, I decided that today I'd build a desktop app which searches for YouTube videos, then allows you to convert them to MP3 files.The full source code, along with a list of all the features, can be found here: http://ift.tt/2tpX8zV is greatly appreciated! This is only my second Electron app, so I know it's far from perfect and could be improved greatly.

Submitted July 22, 2017 at 09:51PM by RedDuckss

No comments:

Post a Comment