Monday 24 July 2017

I'm lost with back-end server technologies! (xpost /r/webdev)

Hi,I've been tinkering with webdev for at least a year now in my free time. My frontend skills are pretty decent and I have a ubuntu server hosted by DigitalOcean running a LAMP stack.I want to move away from LAMP (as I'm not a fan of php, and want to learn the new hip tech) and move towards Node! I tried Django but settled for the JS option, i'm also terrible with apache..I've started learning Node with express but I'm getting myself a little confused with how to implement all of my domains, pages & apps on one server. After lots of googling, I came to a shaky conclusion...Am I right in thinking:I think I need to run apache/nginx anyway, and I can run nginx on the server, which routes the requested url to different node apps? i.e www.mysite.com goes to one particular app, www.othersite.com goes to a different app.Do I use a separate node app for each page? i.e do www.mysite.com and www.mysite.com/about use different node apps?Do I even use node for static pages?I'd really appreciate some clarification! I feel totally swamped here.

Submitted July 24, 2017 at 01:34PM by MightyLemur

No comments:

Post a Comment