Saturday 15 July 2017

Critique my micro-service setup

I'm making a nodejs app with basic auth functionality, and I decided to build it with a micro-service approach.Infrastructure: Digital oceannode1: { nginx-loadbalancer + nodejs-app } node2: { nodejs-app } node3: { database }It's pretty barebones, but it definitely works. It allows zero-downtime deployments since the load balancer will redirect traffic to the working nodes. And during heavy load, I can easily spin up more nodes.Is this a good setup? What's the reason to use kubernates etc? The reason I haven't used docker is because pm2 does the same thing, I just need to do a somewhat longer (still easy) setup. I don't think the docker-swarm autoscaling works with the digital ocean API either.

Submitted July 16, 2017 at 02:46AM by omgitsmalaa

No comments:

Post a Comment