Tuesday 14 March 2017

[Theory] TDD & Sequelize: Is it worth it to verify the schema

I am currently going through a back log of unit tests at this company I work for. Right now I'm the only person on the staff who really has a strong grasp on testing (Specifically TDD/BDD/GDD).What I'm trying to do is build some solid unit tests to make it possible to do future refactoring against.We're using Sequelize; when I look at the part that outlines our schema I feel inclined to verify the column names and associations (foreign keys). While I have written the tests to verify the associations and column names are there; I feel reluctant to check the schema as far as the column types and sizes. I feel this would be 'over testing'.However someone changing a column from string size 255 to 20 could make catching the problem pretty easy.Thoughts?

Submitted March 14, 2017 at 09:46PM by bigorangemachine

No comments:

Post a Comment