Saturday 11 March 2017

gulp-mocha: Why did it switch from streaming to a cli wrapper?

I've been using gulp-mocha for a while. I stream in my instrumented source with istanbul to get code coverage. Not having to create the intermediate is a good thing imo. Simplifies (at least the mental model) my build system.I recently started playing with react. I was working through how to get babel worked into my build chain when I realized that I needed the compilers: option to gulp-mocha. Turns out the compilers option isn't available in gulp-mocha 3. So I upgrade to gulp-mocha 4. All of my existing coverage breaks. gulp-mocha as of version 4 has switched to a cli wrapper. The compiler flag now works (yay), but I now have to pre-gen the instrumented files afaik (boo).It seems strange that the most recommended gulp plugin for mocha now ignores one of the primary benefits of gulp. I'm tempted to just run builds through npm so I have better control over the command line.

Submitted March 11, 2017 at 01:24PM by skarfacegc

No comments:

Post a Comment