Tuesday 14 March 2017

Any self taught node / full-stack devs in Australia around?

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if there are any Aussie devs out there who might be able to give me some pointers about getting a foot in the door with a junior developer role.Most of the development jobs in my particular city are very much geared towards those with 1-3 years experience, and the few-and-far-between junior dev jobs advertised seem to almost mandate a CS degree. My thinking is that I'd be best off building a project demonstrating proficiency with technologies that are used commercially, so I have been working on a full-stack app using express / react and redux / mocha testing on the backend / mongo / bootstrap / socket.io and so on.I think meetups would be a smart way of getting more insight on the job market but unfortunately they are incredibly infrequent here and don't think there is one for node specifically.If anyone else has been in this position as a self-taught dev trying to get a foot in the door without pre-exisitng contacts, I'd love to hear from you! Cheers.

Submitted March 14, 2017 at 08:55AM by ajc820

No comments:

Post a Comment