Tuesday 3 May 2016

What is the best service/ practise to manage service to port allocation?

My current setup is as such:I have one nginx server that acts as an entry point to all micro services. Then I have multiple servers which are running node.js (express.js) services controlled using PM2.This setup on its own does not scale: I have 50+ services. Every time when I need to allocate a port to a new service I grep the contents of the nginx configuration to make sure that none of the existing services are using that port. If they don't, I start a new service using that port.And vice-versa – if I need to find a specific service, I look into nginx configuration, find the IP and port of the service.Now a simple improvement would be to use Google Sheets to keep track of these mappings. But thats not ideal either (it is easy to get out of sync).Is there an established convention/ tools to manage service to port allocation?

Submitted May 03, 2016 at 11:01PM by kAf4mGoIgCKt

No comments:

Post a Comment