Tuesday 3 May 2016

Hello r/node, I'm in severe need of help for a project of mine. Plz help.

I'm new here, so forgive me if I seem like a total outsider.I'm an iOS developer, and I'm making my biggest project ever right now which is really exciting for me! I'm getting great traction with the app I'm building, and people really seem to like it. The only problem is, I'm an iOS developer with very little server side experience. I'm running my app off of Heroku with Node.js and Socket.io. The app needs real time, and I know that scalability will soon become an issue.I've been researching a lot about using multi-core systems, concurrency, and what I believe is a potential solution: Clusters. But I have absolutely no idea how to go about implementing this. I guess what I'm really looking for is someone to take some time and explain things to me, and walk me through how they would go about solving my particular problem. If I can get a solution running with your guidance, the good thing is my app has funding, and I can compensate you for some time (I hope that isn't frowned upon in this sub??).If anyone is willing to help, I'd be super grateful. Especially if you've worked with Socket.io! Please let me know, I'm stressing out trying to learn it all so quickly.

Submitted May 04, 2016 at 05:32AM by mil_kid

No comments:

Post a Comment