Wednesday 4 May 2016

Am An Android developer, is it worth it to learn Node.js?

Am an Android Developer , I have old experience in PHP, .net, and javascript. My employer is asking me to learn Node.js to develop a chat system customized for our needs, I feel I can see the project through but I heard a lot of negative comments about Node.js from experienced web developers.Am excited to learn new technologies, I know how much trouble might cause me , but as long as I can build something that works, I have no problem . We will integrate the project with a .Net website we already have, we need the chats to be synced across all devices and web , we currently use quickblox, but our requirements are causing us to use it in a stupid inefficient way and its crashing a lot.I need Advice, should I go through that path (Node.js) ? or should I just not get involved?

Submitted May 04, 2016 at 03:28PM by yehyatt

No comments:

Post a Comment