Sunday 22 November 2015

Looking for modules to save & sign access logs

Hi.Due to data retention laws in our country, our company is obligated to keep access logs (when, who, which) for a period of time and I'm looking for a module to achieve that using Node.jsI have a PHP application running on a CentOS server (Sentora panel is installed) and I normally handle this by accessing access_logs, but Node.js platform seems to offer more, so I thought I can handle it using Node.jsI need to be able to create a simple log that contains:ip addressrequested url (which page is accessed by user?)access dateI also need a module to "sign" these logs digitally to be able to provide their integrity. (So they can be checked using a private key) I've followed the tutorial below to make it work with my server for a few months ago, but since I stopped using PHP and moved to Node platform, I can use a Node.js package for that, too.(It's written in Turkish, but I think you'll understand what I'm trying to accomplish if you check it out) http://ift.tt/1YoVcS0 keep it short : I need to keep daily access logs (this seems easy if I use morgan) and sign them digitally.I think I'll be able to pull it off with your help.Thank you.

Submitted November 23, 2015 at 06:58AM by laraveling

No comments:

Post a Comment