Hi all, I’ve got four days to upskill with JavaScript/Node 8.10 or I’m gonna have a bad time at work (a very large bank). Fake it ‘til you make it got me this far but yeah, kinda hitting my limits here.My background is a Linux ‘all-rounder’ but I’ve got very little programming background (all self taught, no degree) apart from some bash/power shell scripting and some minimal Python.Like, even classes and object oriented programming is new to me.I’m going through Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning but the level I’m expected to work at is pretty high. I need to understand promises, await/async functions and a whole bunch of stuff ASAP. I can usually make sense of code but there’s no document or even comments in the stuff I have to work with and it’s an order of magnitude more complex.Happy to throw money at the problem so any thoughts? Is there an amazeballs 3-day crash course somewhere online? Would mentoring with some freelancers be the best bet?
Submitted November 11, 2019 at 09:07AM by an_anarchist
No comments:
Post a Comment