Saturday 23 February 2019

User Authentication (Passport?? + MySQL) in Node

I have been scouring the internet for guides on how to implement user authentication and I am still very confused. If any kind soul could please explain to me how to implement such a thing or point me to a guide that is beneficial I would be forever grateful.​I have a MySQL database that already stores usernames and bcrypt passwords. I already have a login page and registration page. I need to be able to only allow users to access their data on the web application. I have separate files for post/get requests. Which I couldn't find any information on how using user authentication across multiple files worked. (Maybe you just add in that authentication check thing to every js file?)​Thank you.

Submitted February 23, 2019 at 04:17PM by kevinisathought

No comments:

Post a Comment