Thursday 28 February 2019

newb questions -- package.json -- older node version

There is a github source that I want to clone, https://github.com/MicroFocus/CX/blob/master/ig-overview, but the node version is 6 in the package.json file and my OS currently has 8 installed. The last updates for the project were put out about a year ago. So it is pretty fresh right? Yet node 11 is out.How likely is the code to work if I take every dependency in the package.json file and install each one but with the latest version that my node 8 can install via a npm command?node 11 looks to be out, I am running opensuse leap 15.0 fully patched which includes node 8. I also see the same with java versions, where they versions are just growing quickly with much shorter life cycles. How do we best manage dependencies for a given version and use later code as well? Are we restrained to having a container of one code base and another container for newer code base?​

Submitted February 28, 2019 at 03:08PM by fpatterson55

No comments:

Post a Comment