Wednesday 20 February 2019

Learning about dev habits

Hey guys,Sorry to post a bit off-topic, and apologies in advance if you've seen my thread in another reddit. I'm just trying to get the best answers I can.I'm starting a new job at a tech company, which revolves around Developer Marketing. Although I've loved tech and programming since I was a kid, I never really had the technical ability to do it myself. Personally, I call it fascinatingly boring. I'm always so excited to try and learn a new language, but usually, within a couple of lessons I start feeling overwhelmed and with the "uneventfulness" of web tutorials, I hit a wall (and fall asleep). All this to say although I respect developers, I'm unable to feel your pain first hand.But enough about me. The reason I'm writing all this is because I wanted to do some homework and be prepared as much as I can. I was hoping some of you may be so kind as to spend some time answering all or some questions I have for you (they're only "10"), in hopes of doing a good job. I thank you all in advance for getting this far and for your help from here on out.Onto the questions:What are your main destinations for coding related themes? (Websites, Blogs, Q&A sites, etc.)What are the communities you rely upon to communicate with others? (reddits, BBS, etc.)Are there any personalities you follow or look to for info, advice or tips? 3a. What did they do to catch your attention? 3b. What do they keep doing for you to keep going back?Do you use any social media accounts for personal use? 4a. If so, which ones? 4b. How do you use them? Only for consumption or do you actively participate?Do you allow yourself to be tracked online? (Advertising IDs)5a. If so, only on work computers, or also on your personal ones?Regarding the major cloud service providers (Google Cloud, MS Azure, AWS):When looking for a service to use, what are your priorities when doing research? (Pricing, Features, Granularity, Security etc.)Is there any particular service you prefer using often? Is it a nobrainer? 7a. What does that service offer to make you choose them over the others?Is there anything missing in all these services that you would like added?Regarding Marketing, developers are notoriously a very hard audience, because you guys do so much research and are so logical and impartial, usual approaches don't work with you guys. So here is my final question(s):If you were working in Marketing, how would you target yourself?What do you think would be the most effective way to communicate a message to you?

Submitted February 20, 2019 at 10:40PM by SmoothMarx

No comments:

Post a Comment