Friday 22 February 2019

Can someone walk me through moving a react project to github and hosting it on github pages?

I've been googling and asking and simply cannot accomplish what I want to do. I'll give you guys a starting point of where I'm at.I make a folder on my computer and call it "reactproject".I right click on it and open with VS Code.In the terminal in VS code I type npx create-react-app . and all of the react stuff gets downloaded.I create my react application and it works just fine when I a do "npm start"After that is where everything becomes shit. This is my first react app and I've been uploading my previous projects (which are just vanilla js, html, and css projects) to github using the github desktop app. I initially tried this but it did not work with this react application. I then googled how I upload react projects to github pages and have come across several ways to do it. I've tried them and they're not working. Can someone just hold my hand through this and clearly delineate my next steps like I did with the above 4? I've been stuck on this all day.

Submitted February 22, 2019 at 09:10PM by 01123581321AhFuckIt

No comments:

Post a Comment