Wednesday, 13 November 2019

Sequential tasks

This was all copied from this issue: https://github.com/strongloop/node-foreman/issues/164 but I received no reply.​​I recently tried to use node-foreman to create a react app with the electron framework.The easiest way to do this is to run the react dev server and then point the electron app to it.To do this I needed to start the react dev server and then wait for the server to become available (I used wait-on to do this.)I tried doing something like this:electron: wait-on localhost:5000 && electron .But this would treat the run command as a bash command as you would expect.The problem with this is that it is not cross-platform and node-foreman does not automatically find the paths of the node modules.If there is any way to run a command after another one has completed that would be good but I couldn't find it in the docs. I think this should be a new feature or if it is already implemented then better explained in the docs.Also, I saw somewhere that this was based on GNU foreman. If features are better explained there then a link to their docs would go much appreciated.

Submitted November 13, 2019 at 09:53AM by Administrator101

No comments:

Post a Comment