Sunday, 10 November 2019

How to handle service discovery for node.js microservice

I'm a student so I'm still learning but I do have some experience writing applications in node using express. I'm writing my first microservice based application now, and I'm at odds as to how to handle service discovery. I've looked at a variety of options, from using NGINX plus with consul templates, to something like hydra.js which manages service discovery automatically to even writing a minimal module from scratch that will act as the service registry for my application.I'm unsure as to which approach is the best and was hoping for some advice. For the moment I've mostly crossed out hydra, because of how opinionated it is in its approach.P.s. One of the main goals I had of taking up this project was to learn how to deploy projects in clod hosting platforms using tools like docker and the rest of the assorted DevOps ecosystem. From what I've been reading online it seems like using kubernetes itself could also be a solution to managing communication between my different services running in different docker containers. Is this a viable option?Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Submitted November 10, 2019 at 10:30PM by Bowserwolf1

No comments:

Post a Comment