Monday, 10 December 2018

Why can't I get npm to work on installed versions of Nodejs that's not from the Ubuntu repository? (PPC64)

The version of Node.JS from the Ubuntu repository is functional, both node and npm which is what I need...The problem? Since I'm on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS, the newest version I can get from the repository is 4.2.6; which is too old for my project as my dependencies require at least 6.3.0 or higher, you may tell me to simply upgrade Ubuntu to a newer version but I can't; I'm working on a server with a PowerPC64 (Not LE) Architecture and hence 16.04 LTS is literally the newest I can work with.Ok, straight to the point... No matter if I download pre-compiled binaries and install them manually or I take the source code and compile it myself. Node itself works, but npm never works with the same issuehttps://i.redd.it/6r2b83e3qi321.pngI tried roughly 4 different versions (6.0.0, 6.15.1, 8.9.1 and 8.12.0) to no success, and what's worse I can't find the core dump anywhere.Any help will be appreciated (If you need more information then ask me)

Submitted December 10, 2018 at 09:29PM by Sphinx2399

No comments:

Post a Comment