Tuesday, 11 December 2018

Should I choose C# or C++ for this project or has V8 evolved enough?

I need to write a game server that must do collision detection as performant as possible.I remember once "benchmarking" nodejs vs C++ where I would do some calculations in a loop and check which program was faster. Usually they were pretty much the same except I think the windows scheduler sometimes let nodejs win by prioritizing nodes process.So, my calculations wont be too complex, just simple addition/subtraction. May I assume that nowadays, nodejs is just as fast as C++?EDIT: Lets say my nodejs process on the cheapest aws vps is able to calculate collisions of 20 players at 20 times per second. Having C++ process up to 2-3 players more per second would not be worth the extra effort it takes to write C++. Therefore, is C++ worth it? How big of a difference would it make?

Submitted December 11, 2018 at 09:49AM by ThatBriandude

No comments:

Post a Comment