Friday 20 April 2018

Some help / advice on this project structure would be appreciated

Hello all, so I made a simple project that contains an express server and a create-react-app client side.I was wondering what are your thoughts on this structure that I set up. Essentially you open two terminals and run the server and client side separately and develop like that. You could in sense, add a npm script or other misc script (maybe for building?) in the root dir to run both the client and server instead of opening two terminals...but I'm not sure how to do that (sure npm scripts ...) / what is the best way to do that.Most express and React start kits like these put all the server code in one directory and throw the client as one of the many folder. I like to keep server and client separated since they are both different projects. I understand that in the Node / JavaScript world there are many many ways to do things, but I am just wondering what you guys think.I setup the server folder with a very minimal express code so in sense, you could completely delete the code inside the server dir and put in whatever server you want in there, doesn't even have to be Node based I'd guess.Also, any guides on making code for production ready like with Docker, or maybe even a guide on CI/CD tools would be great, I wanna make this project for anyone to have an easy / ready to go full on development and production process. Any guides I should look at, books? Or if anyone wants to help that's fine too! Thanks again: )

Submitted April 20, 2018 at 06:52PM by HappyZombies

No comments:

Post a Comment