Wednesday 18 April 2018

Node on Windows Server?

I want to create a couple of internal/intranet Node applications on a server we have at work. The server has Windows Server installed on it.Some issues/questions that I have:Node is installed but NPM doesn't work (times out when installing packages -- might be because of the corporate proxy).I can't seem to get my HTTP application to work using server-name:port-number but it'll work when I remote into the server and use localhost:port-number.Do I need to configure IIS at all or should I not worry about using a reverse proxy since this is an internal setup?If I should use IIS... do I have to use iisnode? The reason I ask is because it looks like an abandoned project.I am using Sublime Text and was wondering what was the best way to edit files on the server... I currently have a shared drive on the server where I am storing the app files (so I can view/edit via the sidebar/explorer).

Submitted April 18, 2018 at 07:08PM by Mithril86

No comments:

Post a Comment