Friday 20 April 2018

best approach for building an queue system for video encoding jobs

Hey I'm working on building a service that involves video encoding. I haven't done any webdev outside of just having a single server serving simple apis, so working this all out is kind of confusing.I intend to have a website where users can request an encoding job. The node rabbitmq driver I messed with seemed.. confusing. I'm wondering if there are other options out thereI see things like bee-queue that look a little more pleasant. I'm confused on how using redis as the underlying system for a queue works. If the server running redis dropped, wouldn't all of the jobs waiting be lost?Let me know what you use and any other advice you may have regarding this. Any help is appreciated :--)

Submitted April 20, 2018 at 04:47PM by tehoreoz

No comments:

Post a Comment